Song Titles And Book Chapters
I’m happy to announce the release of my latest book, “The Sinister Sitcom Caper,” the second book in the Sandy Fairfax Teen Idol cozy mystery series.
Since Sandy was a former ’70s teen idol, I used song titles as chapter headers, partly to amuse myself and also because I can’t recall what takes place in each chapter just from the number.
Finding song titles to watch the theme or action for each chapter wasn’t as difficult as you might think. I only used songs that I actually like, so the titles will give you a good idea of my taste in pop music.
Here are the chapter/song titles and the artist who either originally recorded the song or else the version I have in my music collection.
1. Getting Together: Bobby Sherman, the theme song of a sitcom he starred in (and you thought he only did “Here Come The Brides”!)
2. A Must to Avoid: Peter Noone
3. Get It Right Next Time: Gerry Rafferty
4. Bad Blood: Neil Sedaka
5. Dyin’ of a Broken Heart: Micky Dolenz
6. Only You Know and I Know: Delaney and Bonnie with Eric Clapton
7. Green-Eyed Lady: Sugarloaf
8. The Show Must Go On: Three Dog Night
9. What Kind of Girl: Rosanne Cash (from the album “Carl Perkins and Friends”)
10. I’m Telling You Now: Freddie and The Dreamers
11. Forget That Girl: The Monkees
12. Tell The Truth: Derek and the Dominos
13. Dancing Fool: Frank Zappa
14. Inside Out: Traveling Wilburys
15. Remember: Harry Nilsson (from the musical “The Point”)
16. Daddy’s Song: The Monkees (from the movie “Head”)
17. Short People: Randy Newman
18: Chains: Originally covered by The Cookies and then The Beatles
19: Moonlight Feels Right: Starbuck (the group, not the coffee house)
20. This Just Doesn’t Seem to be My Day: The Monkees one mo’ time
21: Spooky Weirdness: Ringo Starr
22. Burning Down the House: Talking Heads
23: A Hard Day’s Night: oh come on, everyone knows who wrote and recorded this one
24: Beautiful Boy: John Lennon
There you have it! What are some of your favorite pop tunes from the 1960s through ’80s?